SharePoint Integration with Yammer
SharePoint administrators can now use Yammer’s SharePoint App to turn business communication into a social, mobile and engaging experience.
To implement Yammer App in SharePoint requires:
- SharePoint 2013 on-premises or SharePoint Online or Office 365
- Administrator group account permission
Integrating Yammer and SharePoint
Yammer’s SharePoint 2013 App Allows You to:
- Embed virtually any Yammer feed into SharePoint sites and manage them using SharePoint’s built-in web part controls.
•Use Home and Group feeds embedded in SharePoint to see activity happening with your colleagues on Yammer.
SharePoint Integration Overview
- User account which has SharePoint Administrator permission
Install the Yammer App in SharePoint
Integrating Yammer with SharePoint is easy. Let’s follow these steps:
- Navigate to the SharePoint Store
- Type Yammer in the search bar and press Enter to search for the Yammer App for SharePoint.
- In the Search results, click Yammer App for SharePoint.
- On the details page, click Add it.
Woo-hoo!! We have just added Yammer to SharePoint.
Add a Yammer Feed to My Site
Follow the 5 steps to add a Yammer Feed (App) to every users’s My Site page:
- Navigate to the Site on your administrator’s My Site, go to > Managed Shared App
- Add the Yammer App for SharePoint from the Managed Shared App Screen.
- Click Trust It to trust the App
- Add the web part to your Newsfeed.
- The Yammer Feed is now installed and can be set a s a home feed type.
Yammer Feed should have been added to everyone’s My Site Page.
Add a Yammer Feed to a Team’s Site
- Navigate to your team’s home page and click Edit.
- Click Insert, App Part, and then Yammer App for SharePoint
- Click Add and then click Save
- Choose Yammer Group Feed as the feed type from the configuration page
- Enter the Group Feed ID and save teh configuration
The Yammer Group Feed should have successfully been added to your team site.